That quote wasn't meant to be depressing, but more reflective. I'm really feeling that way today.
A lot of things have happened since I last posted... whoops :) I really wish I had documented funny/awesome/rewarding moments from student teaching as I continued. When I get a job, I promise to do that better, but today, I am going to make a short list...
-Yesterday, students were "planking" in the classroom during last period... yes. My cooperating teacher let it go because it was Friday and they have state testing next week =P
-Seeing my students start to write my name in the heading, rather than my cooperating teacher
-The couple of times I've been absent and students told me they missed me
-When the lightbulb goes on in class
-When the students became super interested in learning about the Holocaust. It has a lot of shock value, and these kids are relatively sheltered and have not learned about it academically
-When one student came up to me and said I was one of their favorite teachers
-When I made the play directors cards and had the kids secretly sign them, and the kids were all saying, "We should have made YOU a card!"
-My first and last observations (there were 7 overall, so it was a long road)
-Getting nominated for a state student teacher award
-Handing in my senior thesis and my student teaching capstone paper - sweet victory, yeah.
-Getting job interviews!
-Seeing the kids perform in the musical we had all worked on together - made me tear up a few times. They were SO good.
-That point when I knew all the kids' names, and they knew mine
If I think of more, I'll write them down, but those were the big moments so far. I just have one more week, so there may be others. I'm so grateful for this experience.
I'll have to write a funny post soon. I plan to update a lot more :)
No comments:
Post a Comment