Friday, January 13, 2012

Singing the Certification Blues...

Tomorrow is my second Praxis test out of three (each was over $100 plus a registration fee of $50 or so). Not only has this taken a toll on my bank account for the semester (thanks a lot ETS), but it's also been an unfortunate thing I need to study for. Luckily, I passed the social studies one for middle/high school no problem. I'm taking the elementary one tomorrow so that, if I want to switch within districts, I'll have the capability. I'm not going to outright start looking for an elementary job, but at least I'll have the certification, if I pass.

Taking this test tomorrow means two things.
1) I've had to relearn many things that I learned 8-10 years ago and haven't used since. We're talking igneous rocks (and the other kinds of rocks), angles, chemical processes, earth science, and how to find the volume of the cylinder. It doesn't take long to really "relearn" these things, but it stinks at the same time. If I actually got a job where I had to teach math and science, I would obviously study up on these things. Testing on them now seems kind of silly to me. You would think that having a 3.8 GPA would mean I know something about how the world works!

I just keep telling myself that if I was taking this 10-15 years from now, it would be a whole lot worse.

2) I have to get up at 5:30 am because the closest school to my house is 40 minutes away and I have to be there BY 7:30. Blergh. On a Saturday.

I'm not nervous. I really just want it to be over. Then, one more to go in March...

Watching The Office and going to bed!
-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment