Saturday, July 30, 2011

Washington, D.C. - Day 4

I only took a couple of pictures today and I am WAY too lazy to upload them now, so this will be a quick, picture-free post =P

We went to Shake Shack for lunch, which you can guess - has shakes. The burgers were pretty good and the fired were nothing special... but I'll stick with Five Guys for all my fast food needs ;) But - the ice cream was amazing. We each got a shake called the "Presidential Sweet," which was vanilla custard, peanut butter, some kind of chocolate, and marshmallow. Ate it all the way home and it very easily melted in the sun. I don't think they have Shake Shacks in NJ, which makes me sad. Very, very sad.

We went to see Harry Potter DH Part 2 today! My uncle hadn't seen it yet, and this was my second time. I still cried at the same points as last time (maybe even more) but I wasn't sniffling like crazy, thank goodness. :) The theater was almost full, which is surprising considering that the movie came out two weeks ago. But lots of people came to see that showing at least. I was glad we got there twenty minutes before the movie started because it filled up so fast - the only seats for more than one person were in the first three or four rows.

We also had dinner in the same complex at a place called Clyde's. Their french onion soup (and sourdough bread) was drool-worthy, and the salad I had for dinner was tasty, too. This is starting to turn into a food blog, isn't it? Sorry everyone, I like to remember the yummy food I eat ;)

Then, we went to another theater in Washington D.C., the Arena, to see Oklahoma! It was a show I had never seen before, and it was fantastic. The music is really good (how can you go wrong with Rodgers and Hammerstein) and the acting/dancing/singing was out of this world! They had a windmill that really moved! Plus it was a theater in the round - which means you sit on all four sides of the stage. There wasn't a bad seat in the house. That's the first show I've ever experienced that with and I think seeing any show that way really makes you connect more with what's going on. How much would I love to see Wicked in the round (though they'll never make it like that)? - a lot.

I'm off to try again and see if I can get an early invitation to Pottermore...
-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment