It's been a crazy week! Friday was my last day of student teaching. I stayed the weekend with my friends. Tuesday night was my last final, and today I had a big job interview. I just feel like I need to write some things down, so here goes.
Friday was a really overwhelming day. I was really relieved/excited because student teaching, which was the most work I've ever done in my life in a consolidated amount of time, was over. However, I absolutely love the students and teachers that I have been working with, and I didn't want to leave.
They sent me off in a grand fashion. It felt like there was a surprise every hour. When I came in, my cooperating teacher and I exchanged gifts, and he gave me a very sweet card. He also gave me a bunch of cards the kids had made throughout the week. I actually didn't cry the whole day (don't ask me how that happened) but I did get a little teary eyed a few times - like when I read the cards.
At the beginning of first period, my co-op announced that the students should pass around the teacher textbook. They are retiring the old textbooks because the new series came in (they look amazing and I wish I could work with them!) - so he was using my book as a yearbook. The students wrote letters to me on whatever page in this 800 page book that they wished. THAT was a moment I almost cried, to be honest. I got to read some of the letters and they were so sweet. Some of the students left me clues on the first page in order to find their message... hahaha. It was one of the best gifts I've ever received. My in class support teacher also gave me this beautiful purple jewelry set.
Then, my co-op surprised me with a huge sheet cake during lunch. Most of the faculty came in to celebrate and brought food. Then, at the end of the day, I got a beautiful card from the faculty. In addition, the students filled out little evaluations for me (I liked... [one thing], I think you should improve... [one thing]). They gave me very constructive criticism but some of the things they wrote were very, very sweet (again - I can't think of another word to say.) I may have to share some of their comments another time.
Leaving was hard. My co-op gave me a handshake ("on a professional note") and a hug ("on a personal note"). Luckily I had somewhere fun to be - dinner with my friends down by the college. :)
We had dinner and Kristina and I shared all of our experiences from the day - she also left her student teaching placement. Then, we went to the carnival on campus, and that was a fantastic way to stop being sad and finally spend some time with my friends this semester. :)
The next day was very relaxing, spent with my friends. I had to do some work for my presentation, but that wasn't my main goal for the day. It was a lazy Saturday. That night we went to a fun. concert in Philly, and it was so awesome - the third time I've seen the band and the best. Everyone was so excited to be there and the band was so HAPPY (you could just tell by their faces). They just hit it big with their song, "We are Young," so they're understandably excited. It was a blast.
The next day I drove home and spent some time with my sister and with cleaning my room. Tuesday night was my final presentation on student teaching and now that it's over, I just don't care. :)
More soon!
-Jess
No comments:
Post a Comment