Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sitting in Barnes and Noble

I think this is going to become a normal thing for me. Something about sitting here with my coffee really makes me get work done (okay, not right this second, but you see my point). I've only been here for about 20 minutes and I got more work done on my paper than I would in an hour in my dorm.

It's very relaxing - I'm sipping a delicious pumpkin spice latte, and I'm listening to the Vitamin String Quartet's Christmas Album, but I can still hear people talking in the background. Specifically, the people ordering coffee and a lady next to me, who is tutoring a 3rd grade boy. I can't help but think about my future as a teacher while I sit here. I want to be that person who tutors kids, who helps them understand. I'm enthusiastic and I really care about them. It just makes me want to finish college right now and start living. I know I talk about college in a different way than other students might, but hey, that's just how I feel. I feel like these last couple months are holding me back from my full potential. I know being in the "real world" is going to be difficult. I know it's going to cost a lot of money that I don't necessarily have - especially when I have to start paying back my student loans.

But I am so ready.

Also, being here makes me excited for Christmas. The mall, from what I can see, has a few decorations up already - is that holly? Maybe. Haha. Maybe not. I can't wait for the holidays. I can't wait to be home with my family.

Bring it on, November... now, to finish this historiography paper.

-Jess

1 comment:

  1. I'm really glad you love B&N as much as I do :) BN has this strange effect on me too, I get so much work done there its crazy. I have this magic paper writing thing that happens there that I can usually handwrite an entire paper with some tea, at BN, in just a couple hours. I love it. And if you were at MArketfair, they decorate the rest of the mall really eloquently at christmas time :) I think I had a post about that last year :)

    ReplyDelete